Per Instagram, it's been 11-weeks since I did this project. So yep, I'm a little behind.
This beauty was rusting in our backyard for about 8-years. I had thought about turning it into a planter, but knew that would just speed up the rusting process and I was fond of this guy. Maybe fond is pushing it, but for heavens sack it's a red wagon. The first one my kids played with and one of my favorite photos of them includes it. So... maybe I have a few hoarder tendencies. Whatever!
It's no longer holding up my compost wall. Now it's holding a bunch of garden odds and ends. So there! ;)
|THE rusty wagon minus the deflated over-sized tires and one of the sidewalls.|
|Old pickets a friend dropped off ages ago that I use whenever I need weathered wood. I just did a quick measure of the inside of the wagon and cut the wood to fit.|
|I cut the boards as long as I could so I could use the sides of the wagon to keep them in place.|
|Metal screws with nuts held the shelves in place.|
|I used heavy duty screws to hold it up using the holes left by the axles. Since this is an exterior wall molly bolts weren't needed. It's SOLID!|
|Old pockets are stapled to the sides to hold tools.|
|Jute is tied between the side walls, knotted and stapled so that herbs can dry and to hold items on the shelves.|
|This photo is from today... 11-weeks later. A few months up and it's still one of my favorite pieces.|